It’s difficult enough to run a business without having to deal with the technicalities of the internet. Thankfully, Google Search has made it easier for small businesses to manage their online presence on Google search and Maps. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) and make sure that it appears correctly in relevant search results.
What is a Google Business Profile and Google Search?
Google Business Profile is a free tool that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google Search and Maps. By creating and verifying your business’s Google Business Profile listing, you can control the information that potential customers see when they search for your business on Google.
You can use your Google Business Profile listing to post updates about your business, such as special offers or new products. You can also use your listing to interact with customers by responding to reviews and messages.
Creating and verifying a Google Business Profile listing is a simple and effective way to ensure that your business is visible on Google. If you haven’t already created a listing for your business, we recommend getting started today.
How to Manage Your Company Profile on Google Maps and Google Search
As a business owner, you know how important it is to have a strong online presence. After all, potential customers are searching for your products and services online, and you want to make sure they can find you easily. One way to do this is by ensuring your business appears prominently in Google Maps and search results.
Here are some tips on how to manage your company profile on Google Maps and Google Search:
- Use the Google My Business tool to claim or create your listing. This tool lets you control how your business appears on Google Maps and search results.
- Make sure your listing is complete and accurate. Include all relevant information about your business, such as your hours of operation, contact information, website, and address.
- Add photos and videos to your listing. Customers like to see what they can expect from your business, so adding photos and videos is a great way to give them a taste of what you have to offer.
- Encourage customer reviews. Customer reviews can help improve your ranking in search results, so it’s worth asking customers to leave a review after they’ve used your products or services.
- Monitor your listing regularly.
Verify your company with a phone call
If you want to make sure that your business is appearing in Google search results, one of the best things you can do is to verify your listing with a phone call. This means that you’ll have a live person on the phone who can confirm your listing and help you troubleshoot any problems that you might be having.
To verify your listing, just go to Google My Business (now managed through Google Maps) and click on the “Verify Now” button. You’ll then be prompted to enter your phone number. Once you do that, you should receive a verification code via SMS. Enter that code into the verification field and hit “Submit.”
And that’s it! You’ve now verified your business listing with Google My Business.
Report incorrect business information on Google Maps
If you see incorrect business information on the map, you can report it to Google. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Business Profile Manager.
- Click the listing you’d like to report.
- Click Report a problem.
- Select an issue from the list.
- Enter details about the issue and click Submit.
Improve your ranking in Google Search by following these tips
If you want your business to be easily found online, it’s important to make sure you have a strong presence on Google Search. Fortunately, there are a few simple things you can do to improve your ranking and visibility in Google Search.
- Use relevant keywords. When people search for businesses like yours on Google, they’ll typically use keywords or phrases that describe what they’re looking for. Make sure you’re using these same keywords on your website and in your business listing so that Google knows to show your business as a relevant result.
- Keep your business information up to date. Google Search relies on accurate and up-to-date information to show the most relevant results to users. So, if you’ve recently moved locations or updated your contact information, be sure to update your listing on Google My Business.
- Add photos and videos. People love visuals, so adding photos and videos of your business is a great way to catch their attention in search results. Make sure you add high-quality images that accurately represent your business – this will help create a good impression and encourage people to click through to your website.
- Encourage customer reviews. Customer reviews can also help improve your
There’s no doubt that managing your business profile in Google Search is a crucial part of running a successful business. By taking the time to optimize your listing and keep it up-to-date, you can ensure that potential customers will be able to find you easily and that they’ll get the most accurate information about your business. Hopefully, this article has given you some helpful tips on how to manage your business profile in Google Search.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of experts.