If you’re struggling to articulate your business in a succinct manner, then a company profile is probably the solution to your problem. Many businesses and business owners often find it challenging to articulate their business’ vision, mission, and services and often lose the interest of prospective investors and customers. A company profile will help you market all of this and more, and will allow you to garner additional credibility with your prospects and internal staff members.
In this article, we take a closer look at the purpose of a company profile and the value it can bring to your business.
What is a company profile?
A company profile is an informative document that profiles your company and can be a powerful tool to connect you with new customers and help you to keep current ones. It typically includes an overview of your company’s history, products or services, and market position.
Your profile is also a way of communicating the soul and values of your organization to prospects, customers, employees and investors — all the important things a visitor may want to know. Unfortunately, many companies focus on numbers, budgets and other ‘hard’ data that excludes their purpose and values.
What are some benefits to having one?
There are many reasons to create a company profile. First, it can be an effective marketing tool. A well-written profile can help you attract investors, customers, and employees. It can also give you a competitive edge in the marketplace. Additionally, a company profile can help you build credibility and establish trust with your stakeholders.
It’s also a great way to give potential customers and clients a snapshot of what your business is all about. It can help you stand out from the competition, and it can also be a useful tool for marketing and publicity. Having a well-written and informative company profile can help you attract new business and build your brand.
Your corporate profile is also a way of communicating the soul and values of your organization to prospects, customers, employees and investors — all the important things a visitor may want to know.
How long should your company profile be?
If you’re wondering how long your corporate profile should be, the answer is that it depends on what you’re using it for. If you’re using it as a marketing tool, then you’ll want to make sure it’s long enough to give potential customers and clients an idea of who you are, what you do, and what you stand for.
On the other hand, if you’re using it as a way to quickly introduce your company to someone, then a shorter profile will suffice. Ultimately, the length of your company profile should be dictated by its purpose.
Potential investors, corporate contracting procedures and tender facilitators will often require a business to submit a company profile along with their application of interest. This usually forms part of a business’ acquisitions process and increases the propensity for a corporate client to convert faster, as it shortens the vetting process.
What should—or shouldn’t—be included in your company profile?
When most people think of a company profile, they picture something similar to a resume – a list of your accomplishments, education, and experience. And while there is some truth to that, a company profile is much more than that. It’s an opportunity to tell your company’s story and paint a picture of who you are, what you do, and why you do it.
At its heart, a company profile should be about your mission and values. What drives you? What are your goals? Why do your customers love you? These are the sorts of questions that should be answered in your company profile. Of course, you’ll also want to include some basic information like an overview of your products or services, but make sure that the focus is on telling your story.
Your company profile is an important marketing tool, so take the time to craft one that tells your story in a way that will resonate with your target audience.
What should your company profile structure look like?
A company profile is an essential tool for any business. It helps you introduce your company to potential customers, partners, and investors. It also allows you to show off your company’s unique capabilities and strengths.
But before you start writing your profile, there are a few things you need to consider to map out your company profile structure in order to develop content. Here’s what you need to include in your company profile, and how to make sure it’s a valuable asset for your business.
Include the following sections in your company profile:
- Mission Statement – This is a short and concise catchphrase that communicates the broader intentions of your company, and the value you are creating.
- Business Overview – Provide a brief description of your organization as it relates to its purpose and activity, competitive advantages, operation activities, markets served and services provided.
- Products & Services – List products you offer with descriptions of how they benefit customers. Include information on how these products are made or delivered to customers.
- Company Location(s) – Include address, directions to headquarters and website information if relevant
- Management Information – Name the top people in your company from the business leadership team down to employee roles such as sales executive.
- Portfolio / Previous Work – If your products are service-related, then you may want to include a body of work that showcases your best projects that were recently done. This improves your credibility.
- Awards & Accreditations – List your recent awards, nominations, accreditations and accolades. Things such as statutory licenses and certification would also be good to include here, especially if your company provides a technical service where specific regulatory licenses are required.
- Clients & Reviews – List the existing clients that your company provides a product/service for on a regular basis. If you are a retail business, you may want to include your total store traffic and/or average amount of sales (or average basket size). You can also include positive reviews/testimonials to add credibility to your company profile.
Having a company profile is important because it helps you to establish your brand and attract potential customers. Having a well-written and designed company profile can make all the difference in whether or not people are interested in doing business with you. If you don’t have a company profile yet, now is the time to create one.